You can hold a full-time and part-time job together with the right permit
Since 2010, the UAE’s Labour Law has made provisions, which allow an employee to have a part-time job along with a full-time one subject to certain conditions. The employee can work part-time after getting the work permit from Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MoHRE).
Cost – The fee for part-time work permit includes an application fee of Dh100 and an approval fee of Dh500.
Law – As per Federal Decree Law No. 2 of 2007, if an expatriate is caught working for another company without an official permit, then a fine of Dh50,000 will be applied to the hiring company, in addition to other penalties in case of repeating the offence.
For people on an existing work permit – Emiratis, other GCC nationals and expatriate employees who are living in the UAE on a work visa, can take up a second job, upon getting a part-time work permit from MoHRE, which is valid for one year.
Part-time work permit holders are allowed to work in another company at the same time as working in the current company on a part-time basis for less than eight hours per day.
For people on a dependent visa – Those who live in the UAE on a family visa can take up a second job after getting a part-time work permit with a No Objection Certificate from the sponsor. Such work permits can be issued to men and women between 18 and 65 years of age.
Temporary/Part-time work permit – It is a service provided by the Ministry to recruit a national or expatriate worker residing in the UAE to carry out a certain work within a period not exceeding six months.
- A copy of both establishments’ trade licences (the current establishment and the application applying establishment).
- A colour photograph with a white background of the applicant.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport.
- If academic qualification is required (post-secondary diploma, university degree or equivalent), a copy thereof which should be authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall be attached.
- A letter of approval issued by the competent authority shall be attached if so required (doctor, pharmacist, nurse, and teacher).
- A copy of the contract.
- No objection certificate from the first sponsor.
- A copy of the applicant’s visa that includes (the sponsor or establishment name) that is valid for more than six months.
- Terms and Conditions.
Workers who are registered in the Ministry, under following conditions:
- The permit and residency visa shall be valid for more than six months
- The permit’s period shall not exceed six months or the current permit expiry date, whichever is earlier.
- Approval of those authorised signatory of the current and applying establishments shall be submitted.
Workers not registered at the Ministry:
- Government employees.
- Students of both genders (from the age of 18 years) who are under the sponsorship of their relatives, schools, or universities. On the condition that the visa profession is (student).
- Females (from the age of 18 years) who are under the sponsorship of their relatives.
- Husbands of UAE national women.
- Children of UAE national women.
Under the following condition:
- The worker and his/her non-national relatives shall have a valid residence visa stamped in the passport.
- The guardians approval.
- This permit shall be valid for six months.
- Submitting approval of the profession related authority (Ministry of Affairs – Ministry of Health – Ministry of Education – Sports, Youth, Community Development Authority).
- The Ministry may approve to grant a temporary work permit, without satisfying the condition related to the former employer’s approval and the validity of the card and residence visa, in the following cases:
- A labour complaint that is referred by the Ministry to a court of law.
- If it is confirmed that the employer failed to pay wages for a period exceeding two months according to the wages protection office report or the labour relation offices report.
General conditions for the above:
- The applying establishment trade licence should be valid.
- The new labour profession should be suitable with the establishment activity.
- The labour should not be below 18 years of age.
Request for initial approval of a new electronic work permit (Part-time)
- 1st Category: AED 100
- 2nd Category: Level (A) AED 100 – Level (B) AED 100 – Level (C) AED 100
- 3rd Category: AED 100
Initial approval of a new electronic work permit (Part-time) six-month period
- 1st Category: AED 500
- 2nd Category: Level (A) AED 500 – Level (B) AED 500 – Level (C) AED 500
- 3rd Category: AED 500
Contact us for a confidential discussion and refer family, friends and colleagues and be rewarded.